Please help my goldfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bertpiebud

Registered Member
May 1, 2013
I have this problem with my common goldfish on and off for a year, she appears to have little lumps on her sides,white stringy stuff comes out ,then it disappears for months then reappear .the lumps dont dont cause ulcers or scale loss or massively raised scales.She 6yrs old with another fantail of 6 yrs old, they grew up together and are very close but the fantail doesn't have any problems. They live in a 130litre tank with external and internal filter and aeration stones, live plants, have had water parameters checked by shop and all good. Over the year I have tried raised temperature and salts, esha2000,sterazin(flukes,worms),just recent two days ago I treated with methylene blue for protazoan and fungus(they both laid a million eggs last week) which seems to have made it the worse I ever seen it now, the fish expert shop doesn't seem to know what it is ?!
I have pictures but its hard with a mad swimmy fish, her demeanour and behaviour is not affected in any way . Never used this site so not sure how to post pictures ?
Any help would be massively appreciated . Thank you .

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store