peppered cory disappeared in QT

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ram_g0p

AC Members
Jun 27, 2012
N. Carolina
Real Name
ramey
I had 6 peppered cories and QTed them in 5 gal tub. After about 4-5 days one of them was missing. I thought may he was hiding somewhere. Today after about 2 wks in QT I put the 5 remaining in the main tank. I looked and looked all over the QT tank. No sign of the 6th guy!!! Not even bones??!! I have no clue! Any similar experience? Any thoughts? It really bothered me. This never happened to me before. Couple of times I had the fish die on me as they jumped out and died. But I have spotted the dead fish. This time it was bizare!

Thanks

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Do not be surprised if it jumped and flip/floped quite a distance away. And a dried fish is harder to spot too.

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Yep. Cories seem to need to hit the surface periodically, and it's not surprising if it jumped out of the QT. I've had espei rasboras do the same. Lids, lids, lids. I don't have lids, but I know I should. As soon as I get a different light fixture, versatops are going on my 55.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
The other thing is that the others likely would have scavenged everything off the fish they could, and if there are any snails in your q-tank, they'll finish off the bony structure pretty quickly. I had ONE fish in a quarantine setup, with snails. Saw it had died, wasn't stressed, figured I'd clean it out the next day. Nothing was left of a 3 inch fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store