Hello Everyone!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Medic3434

Registered Member
May 3, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Real Name
Jon
I am two weeks into becoming an aquarium enthusiast. Many mistakes already made due to horrible advice on the part of "professionals" in the business as well as my ignorance. Looking to expand my horizons and learn how to properly build a great community of fish in my little 10gal tank. Naturally my father-in-law was here for a 2 week visit and decided to buy my daughter a male betta. Went to a national chained pet store and was told that it was a great idea to buy a 10 gal tank for the betta, get him 5 neon tetra and 2 Cory friends along with real plants. Simply run the tank for 30 min before introducing all fish. Needless to say, all 5 tetras were dead within 24 hours and the betta under 72 hours. I now have 2 Cory's in a 10gal tank with no water change since first setting everything up 2 weeks ago. Any advice as far as water changes, compatible fish type/number, and live plants for my 10gal tank? Thanks in advance for your help!

Jon

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC! Start a thread with all the details in the GFW area for more views and help.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store