Help. Dosing Aquarium Salt for ICH Treatment

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Daveunkefer

AC Members
Mar 12, 2013
Murrells Inlet SC
Real Name
Dave Unkefer
:headshake2:
I noticed some of the fish i got mailed to me, a weak or so later they've developed ich.

I have severums, jackdempsey, blue dolphins, clown loaches, and albino bushynose plecos.

I have a 125g tank.

Ive raised my Temperature to about 83F

Dosing salt.. HOW MUCH?
So far ive put about 14 tbs in. I put aquarium water in a bucket and mixed it in the bucket then added the bucket back to the aquarium. 7 tps at a time.

How much should i dose a day?

Daveunkefer

AC Members
Mar 12, 2013
Murrells Inlet SC
Real Name
Dave Unkefer
by the way, so far with the added 14tbs, the fish do not seem bothered whatsoever.

also, its mostly just the severums i noticed the ich on. but i started seeing a few spots on the fins of other fish.

i just dont want to dose too much and hurt anything. i love these fish. they are my life. :drool:

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
A tablespoon per gal is not an unreasonable amount to add unless you have live plants or certain fish such as Corys or blackwater stuff. I like to add it in three even doses of a teaspoon per gal per day.

Daveunkefer

AC Members
Mar 12, 2013
Murrells Inlet SC
Real Name
Dave Unkefer
A tablespoon per gal is not an unreasonable amount to add unless you have live plants or certain fish such as Corys or blackwater stuff. I like to add it in three even doses of a teaspoon per gal per day.
thanks subrosa, helping me out again!

so at 14 tablespoons, im at about 42 teaspoons?

so i could be able to add about 83 more teaspoons today? which equals about 27 tablespoons?

lol. sorry about the math.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store