Bucks County Aquarium Society Annual Workshop - June 8th

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Anubias Design

AC Members
Dec 11, 2007
Bensalem, PA
The Bucks County Aquarium Society will be holding its Annual Workshop on June 8th at the Silver Lake Nature Center in Bristol, PA. This year's speakers are:
Francis 'the fish geek' Lupangco from NatGeo Wild's "Fish Tank Kings" speaking on "The Establishment of Large Aquariums in the Middle East" and "Quarantine Procedures" - don't miss the new season of "Fish Tank Kings" premiering on June 1st!
Legendary reef guru Albert Thiel, author of numerous books and articles including the just-published "Nano Reef Aquariums" speaking on "Nano Reef Aquariums from A to Z" - he will also be signing copies of his latest book
Marine breeding pioneer Todd Gardner of the Long Island Aquarium who has many captive bred firsts to his credit speaking on "Frontiers in Marine Fish Culture"
Phil Bradley presenting a DIY workshop on LED Lighting. Phil will build a nano sized led fixture with Cree bulbs as part of his presentation. There will be a special raffle for the light.
We'll also be featuring a consignment sale of freshwater and marine fish, inverts, plants and supplies. Sellers will pre-price their items and the BCAS will handle their sale. The split is 80% to the seller and 20% to BCAS. Entrance into the consignment sale area will be in the order of registration so the sooner you register the earlier you'll get into the sale area and the better the selection will be. This is always a hugely popular part of this event.
Registration starts at 10:30 am. The consignment sale opens at 11:30 am and the first talk begins at noon.
Lunch and dinner are included.
The price is $40 per person.
For more information or a registration form, please send an email to buckscountyaquariumsociety@yahoo.com.
We hope to see you there!

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Mark, I thought the $40 price was for members and the non-member price was $55. Also is there still no confirmation on the possible surprise speaker?

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
The last update on facebook seemed to indicate that it wasn't members only any more.

I wish I could go, but don't think that I could convince the kids to sit through the whole thing.

I strongly suggest everyone look into attending, it promises to be an awesome time.

Anubias Design

AC Members
Dec 11, 2007
Bensalem, PA
We've changed the pricing structure. We originally included a discounted membership with the non-member price but we decided to change that so that everyone pays the same price. Anyone who wants to join the club can do so at the regular price at the workshop.

The great thing about this location is that it is a nature center so there are trails, a nice lake, aquariums of native fish and numerous exhibits to help keep the kids occupied.

And don't forget that lunch and dinner are included. When you figure that in, the entry fee is a really great value. Our first workshop last year got rave reviews for everything from the speakers to the consignment sale to the food and everyone had a great time. This year's should be bigger and better.
Mark

Anubias Design

AC Members
Dec 11, 2007
Bensalem, PA
Mark, I thought the $40 price was for members and the non-member price was $55. Also is there still no confirmation on the possible surprise speaker?
We have added Phil Bradley as the fourth speaker. His DIY LED workshop should be interesting and informative for marine and freshwater hobbyists.

There may still be a surprise speaker but at the moment it doesn't look likely. I won't know for sure until a day or two before the event so no announcements until it's definite.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
The great thing about this location is that it is a nature center so there are trails, a nice lake, aquariums of native fish and numerous exhibits to help keep the kids occupied.
Thanks Mark,

It sounds like somewhere I'd want to spend the day myself.

I'll have to talk to the kid, see if he'd want to go, and then risk him wanting a nano reef in his bedroom.

Oriongirl and I are also likely to be taking some fliers to a local frag swap also, hopefully that will get some folks to come to the workshop or down to meetings too.

And one last thing, are kids still $40 to register?

thanks,

-Gavin.

Anubias Design

AC Members
Dec 11, 2007
Bensalem, PA
Oriongirl and I are also likely to be taking some fliers to a local frag swap also, hopefully that will get some folks to come to the workshop or down to meetings too.

And one last thing, are kids still $40 to register?

thanks,

-Gavin.
Gavin,
I can email you the updated flyer if you need it.

We haven't discussed a kid's entry fee. Let me run that past the board and I'm sure it would be a significantly reduced rate. How old are your kids?
Mark

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Thanks Mark,

it would just be the one kid... he's 10.

I'll drop you a PM with my email if you want to send the flier.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
We haven't discussed a kid's entry fee. Let me run that past the board and I'm sure it would be a significantly reduced rate. How old are your kids?
Mark
Mark,

was there ever a decision made on reduced rates for kids?

And free bump... it's only 2 weeks and 2 days away everyone.

and 2 weeks and 3 days until I will be working on my LED lit nano cube :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store