New updated tank stock (56 gallon)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Martina1997

AC Members
Feb 24, 2013
Hey guys um so for my updated stock for my 56 gallon tank is so angel fish 4 rosy barbs 1 common pleco and a 8 red minor tetra...... I will be posting pictures later......

Brian Anderson

AC Members
Nov 17, 2006
Ohio
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Brian Anderson
Looking forward to pics! Although you're gonna hate the pleco! :p

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Keep an eye on that pleco. Commons can get to be up to 2 feet in length. When it starts getting close to 1 foot, you should probably consider rehoming it. Or rehome it now, and get a pleco that isn't a common, and grows to a smaller max size.

Martina1997

AC Members
Feb 24, 2013
ok thank you I will be rehoming my common pleco into my 125 gallon pond and my camera is giving me problems so I will add picture hopefully today if I can get my camera to work

Dobber

AC Members
Jan 30, 2005
Madison, WI
A lot of people seem to like the bristlenose pleco in their tanks, and they stay much smaller. I have had my rubberlip pleco for longer than any other fish and it is very cool, when it actually makes an appearance. Very skittish but is a dark yellow with a brown or black segmented line pattern, and is only about 3".....and still seems to feast on algae, even in old age, which common plecos tend not to do.

Brian Anderson

AC Members
Nov 17, 2006
Ohio
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Brian Anderson
I don't like the Bristlenoses much. I prefer Clown Plecos since they remain small about 2-3", smaller then a bristlenose.
Right on. Everyone's got their own preference! I just started keeping BNs for my first time. I've kept a "chocolate pleco" which ended up getting huge (12"+) and gave away to my uncle. (Not too big for my tank, just boring). Then I got two gold nugget plecos. Also hide constantly and are boring. So now I've got a small tank with little green dragon and super red BN fry and hope they grow big and stay "non-skittish" enough to go in my 125!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I had a BN, it attacked my other fish and chased my 4 cories. :[ I had to give him away, hardly saw him. I see my 2 clown plecos a lot on my driftwood and I see no fighting. One is larger then the other.
Interesting. Never saw any aggression out of a BN.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store