Male guppy with huge tummy

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

captmicha

Le tired.
Dec 6, 2006
Maryland, USA
One of my male guppies has a huge tummy. It's not dropsy, there are no raised scales. I don't think it's constipation either since he defecates. None-the-less, I fed him smushed peas and put epsom salt in his water. There's no difference. He still has an appetite too, but not surprising since he's a guppy!

Any who, I noticed parts of his tail is missing. I remember one guppy getting caught in my siphon and dying from that a few weeks ago. I don't recall this guy getting stuck and I dunno how else his tail could be damaged... But is it possible that blunt force injury is causing the belly bulge? Maybe a tumor?? Is there anyway to tell or anything further I can do?

I hit the tank with some parasite meds and anti-bacterials since I didn't feel like quarantining my new arrival guppies. I dunno if that'll change his tummy but I doubt it's parasites because I haven't introduced anybody new to his tank for a long time before this. And his tummy got big before I put in the new guys.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store