FS Getting out of the hobby sale - 34479 - PICKUP ONLY

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
Hey everyone. I have to move (and soon! first week of June) so I need this stuff gone in a hurry. Pick up only in Ocala Florida, near intersection of SR 326 and Jacksonville Road. Can't drive to meet anyone or ship anything, sorry...too much other stuff going on.

130.JPG

#1 55 gallon tank - $150

Stand: Wrought iron

Lighting & Hoods: Two black hoods, 24" each (as has been standard for many years now, since they started bracing these tanks). The light strips are from 10 gallon tanks, and while they fit perfectly, they are not the original equipment. They were converted from fluorescent to incandescent in order to better grow live plants. Each light strip has two 13 watt daylight CFLs (included).

Filtration: Two Penguin 200s with bio-wheels, but no cartridges. This tank was previously filtered with an undergravel and still has the plates underneath, although they are not in use.

Decor & Misc: One MASSIVE piece of driftwood! An oak branch that has been curing for many years - makes an awesome centerpiece, but does release tannins and adds to the bioload. Lots of fake plants and live ones too...including a huge Anubias, a couple of Vallisneria, and some Crypt wendtii green as well as bronze.

125.JPG

# 2 55 gallon tank - $150

Lighting & Hoods: Two black hoods with standard fluorescent light strips. Fluorescent bulbs are included.

Filtration: One Aqueon 50 filter with no cartridges. Undergravel filter with powerheads. These Visijet powerheads are old school, but they sure give you a lot of bang for the buck...and fit perfectly inside the lift tubes. Maximum gph is 300. They are adjustable, but I recommend leaving them at full blast.

Decor & Misc: A *ton* of river rock is included, along with some fake plants. I collected all of these rocks in Maine over many years time. You won't find rocks like these in Florida!

(the other pictures won't show up next to their descriptions for some reason...I'm sorry!)

#3 15 gallon tall tank - $30

Lighting & Hood: Incandescent hood like the ones sold for 10 gallon tanks (fits perfectly over this one, since this is just a tall 10 gallon). Includes two 13 watt daylight CFLs.

Filtration: Powered by an undergravel filter facing the front (to accommodate 3D background). Airstones seldom need replacing, I am using air diffusers right now but can include several airstones for free. Whisper air pump designed for 20 gallon tank included, along with airline tubing.

Decor & Misc: The 3D background on this tank makes it one of my very favorites! Also includes black gravel and lots of rocks. Plants are mostly hornwort and some guppy (aka Najas) grass and Subwassertang.

** Note: I bought this tank used, and it appeared to have some hard water deposits in a drip pattern coming from a chip in the back. I took this as a sign that the tank was leaking. Now, I have never filled it all the way up, so I do not know if it leaks or not...I intentionally wanted this tank 3/4 full so it shows the background. I actually was going to make it a paludarium or riparium but kept it as it is.

#4 20 gallon tank - $60

Stand: Cherry colored Carmel wood stand from Petco

Lighting and hood: Standard full fluorescent black hood and light strip. Includes fluorescent bulb.

Filtration: Aqueon 20 filter, no cartridges

Decor & Misc: A nice sized piece of driftwood, a handmade clay cave from Rosenthal Pottery, and tons of plants including Crypt wendtii green and bronze, Java moss, a bit of Java fern and lots of guppy (aka Najas) grass and Subwassertang.

#5 29 gallon tank - $40

Stand: Wood stand, painted black (oak originally).

Lighting and hood: Two light strips are included. The first is a black fluorescent 30" strip, then there is a 30" strip converted into incandescent, with two compact fluorescent bulbs, which are included...it was painted black (oak originally). Has glass panel supporting light strip in front and another on the back, the one on the back is cracked, but is still usable (heavy duty packing tape works wonders).

Filtration: Aqueon 30 filter (no cartridges) and Cascade 500 canister with lots of biological media. Cascade 500 is missing a few parts (such as the top of the white media basket) but it still works.

Decor & Misc: Lots of river rocks and some plants, including a 1 massive and 1 good sized Crypt wendtii bronze, Anubias and a bit of Java fern. A few fake plants included as well, and a large Mopani root.

#6 10 gallon tank - $30

Stand: None

Lighting & Hood: Versa top glass hood. Black round incandescent lamp and stick on (with suction cups) submersible LED moonlight. Both use an inline on/off switch that is part of the cord.

Filtration: Penguin 100 with no cartridges

Decor & Misc: One cichlid stone. Black sand, some fake and real plants including Crypt wendtii, Vals and a very healthy Anubias. Tons of Endler's livebearers and two Florida flagfish.

#7 5 gallon Metaframe tank - $20

Stand: None

Lighting & Hood: Black incandescent hood with one daylight bulb included

Filtration: 3 gallon Whisper internal filter and Whisper 10 air pump

Decor & Misc: Fake plants and real plants such as Najas grass, wisteria and hornwort. Black sand, rocks and driftwood.

Discounts for multiple tank purchases. All purchases come with a generous helping of floating plants (hornwort, Najas grass) raised outside in my outdoor 60" wading pool (affectionately called my mini pond).

All purchases come with fish if you want them, but I can't ship fish or sell just the fish. I need to sell the tanks foremost.

Remember, no shipping and I can't meet you anywhere. If you're too far away, I'm sorry for being unable to accommodate you...normally I would try to meet in the middle, but moving is incredibly stressful and I have my hands full every day :cry:

130.JPG 125.JPG 30.JPG 60.JPG 50.JPG 40.JPG 000_0001.JPG 20.JPG

Last edited:

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Not taking a permanent vacation from the hobby, are you Nicole?

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
I'm moving 6 hours away to a smaller place, right by the beach though :) Up in the panhandle (Panama City) so I'll probably not be messing with aquariums for a while. When I do get back, I'll probably just strive for one really large tank! I have a feeling up in the Gulf Coast everything's going to be saltwater centered, I'm taking only one tank (a 33 long)...the tank only...and planning on using it to get my feet wet with marines, a FOWLR with LEDs probably.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
If I lived there I might be too busy with my CPs to bother with aquariums! You're moving to Sarracenia Central!

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
Oh boy! When I get settled, I'll have to pick your brain...I think I'll have a patio to fill, concrete, with potted plants galore :)

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Any time!

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
Just lowered the price on a few tanks:

#1 and #2 - now $125 instead of $150

#4 - now $50 instead of $60

#7 - free with any other tank purchase

wmc_09

AC Members
May 3, 2013
Whats the lowest amount you would take for #1? I would be driving from Hattiesburg MS is the reason I'm asking, if not i completely understand.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
I would definitely not recommend you drive 16 hours round trip for this tank, unless you have some other reason to come to this area! Also with just one post on this site...well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store