Happy to have found this site

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

heatherp22

Registered Member
May 19, 2013
Hi everyone. My husband and I started a new 36 gallon fresh water fish tank about 3 weeks ago. We just had the water tested yesterday and noticed that about 5 of our fish had ich. Also our beta died- looked like someone beat him up and chewed up his fins. We may have gone overboard with too many fish. We have about 30 small to medium fish. The water tested high for ammonia and we did a 25 % water change and vacuumed the bottom yesterday. Then we added the ich medicine. We have lost a brand new cat fish, the beta and two tetras so far. I read about cycling today on google. Can I purchase the Bio Spira at Petco? Since we live in Las Vegas and it is already quite warm will I need to bring a cooler to get it home in viable shape? Any other advice? Heather:confused:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC! Start a thread in General Freshwater Forum...give more details about your tank, such as the exact mix of what kid of fish and readings from a good liquid test kit.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Best advice is stop feeding. For a few days at least.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store