New to the site, but not fish keeping...HELLO! :)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

oohitsae

Registered Member
May 20, 2013
So, Google has brought me here many a time, but I have never joined for some reason....till now :)
I've been fish keeping for about 12 years now, so I'm not by any means "new" to it, but I do love to learn new things whenever I can, and have found out that forums are the best place to learn. Even with conflicting information, threads usually end up in a general consensus which is very helpful IMO.

Anyways, here's a little about me:
I've got 12 full time tanks.
2 55 communities, 2 40 gallon grow-out, 1 28 betta sorority/community, 3 10 gallon spawning and community tanks, and 4 2.5 gallon betta tanks. I also have a ton of betta jars, QT's, and critter keepers/bowls/tanks 2 gallons and under.
I'm a member of the international betta congress and have been breeding bettas for the last 3 years, just recently started working on breeding show quality fish.
I've also in the past 6 months decided to start a bristlenose pleco breeding "program", at the moment I have calicos, green dragons, albinos, super reds, and starlight x green dragon crosses (bad AB seller). Working on getting some more "rare" species in like starlights, clowns, and snowballs here soon.
I'm a planted tank enthusiast. Every tank I own is planted and I've got 5 dirted walstad method tanks running now. 11/12 tanks is low-tech with liquid carbon being the most I add for them, and 1 (my 28) is CO2 injected with a paintball system.

Hmm, I think that's all I have to add.

I'm excited to learn more about my chosen hobby and maybe even help some others learn!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store