Eheim canister replacement ball

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

spottea

AC Members
Dec 16, 2007
California
Hi. I've had my Eheim canister 2234 for a couple of years now, and the rubber ball in the cage is starting to look a bit chewed up. What can I use as a replacement? The same ball and cage for sale on amazon is now over $13! Surely, there's a little ball I can use instead? It measures under an inch I think.
thanks
chris

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
$13? For a replacement part that you know will work flawlessly in your filter? That's way too expensive. You're much better off experimenting with random spherical objects that may or may not fit well, may or may not cause leaks, and may or may not leach harmful chemicals into your tank.

Brian Anderson

AC Members
Nov 17, 2006
Ohio
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Brian Anderson
Lol be nice!

OP idk, I've never heard of anything else. I would go with the part made for it. Better than any of the things mentioned above. Or it ruining your filter and having to spend the money on a new one!!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Word to self..

No strange balls.

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Word to self..

No strange balls.
Amen! It's $13. Granted, some people have less disposable income than others. However, if you can't drum up $13 over the course of a couple years, you should probably consider a different hobby. It's one thing if we're talking filter media that needs to be changed weekly or monthly. This is a part that's lasted approximately 2 years. I'll work 15 minutes of overtime during a pay period and easily have that. If you're willing to risk a leak or chemical leaching in hopes that there's something that will cost less than $13 for an integral and necessary part of your filter, that seems quite heedless of your investment in aquarium hardware, flora, and fauna.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store