New bubbler with Volcano/Skull 90mgallon water movement tips?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BrokerTamara

AC Members
May 6, 2013
Chicago Area
Real Name
Tamara
I have new bubbler in my 90 gallon tank.

It says it is for 18 inches deep tanks or less.

1. Mine is deeper and not as strong as I would like.

2. I cant find where they make a stronger all in one system

3. I have no check valve on this, this is ok right?

4. I just like to have some movement on the other side of my 90 gallon freshwater tank. I have overflow and sump.

Any suggestions?
Close up.jpgFull Tank Picture.jpg

I have thought about a power head for movement for my two large blood red parrots. I have no movement behind my large decoration however the Rio 2500 pump moves all water I an told.

Close up.jpg Full Tank Picture.jpg

isellcars

AC Members
Mar 5, 2012
How many gph is your pump. Depending on that you don't need power heads or any air bubbles added. Or else there will be way to much movement and not good for the fish.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

BrokerTamara

AC Members
May 6, 2013
Chicago Area
Real Name
Tamara
I am not sure on the gph. I know is suppose to be great. I see the ripple movement lighty on top however it is near the lhs where the water comes in by the over flow. I am thinking it would be nice to continue some movement on the rhs.
The tank I purchased had a similar one near it same set up african chichlids and had power had on the other side.

So I am checking ideas.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
The Rio 2500 pump is rated at 782 GPH.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Well. IMO-- You need about 10GPH per gal. So for a 90gal, you would need about 900 GPH. The majot amount of the flow "Should" come from the filter. The total flow would include the pump and filter. I do not add the air bubble flow because it is too little.

isellcars

AC Members
Mar 5, 2012
Well. IMO-- You need about 10GPH per gal. So for a 90gal, you would need about 900 GPH. The majot amount of the flow "Should" come from the filter. The total flow would include the pump and filter. I do not add the air bubble flow because it is too little.
You are correct. Your pump is not powerful enough to do the job. You do need one that is a 900gph. That way you wouldn't need power heads or anything else. One of the main purposes for the sump is to keep extra equipment out of your main tank. Get a stronger pump and you won't need a bubbler or anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store