Pearl gouramis

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Windy

AC Members
May 30, 2007
Theed Palace on Naboo
Real Name
Lazaro
Why is it that I can't find Pearl Gouramis near me? I really want one or 2 for my 20 gallon high. This is so not fair. They would be great with my harlequin rasboras.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
It's a shame you don't see them more often. I'm lucky to have two LFS's nearby that both sell them. I didn't even know about Pearl Gouramis until reading about them on this forum.

The female I've had since February this year has grown quite large. I have her in my 29g with 10 neons, 5 blood fins and 4 corys.

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
Windy,

I don't know how you feel about buying offline, but I bought a red marble bristlenose pleco from a member here and it was smooth sailing sending it USPS from Texas to Illinois. I would buy via the mail again based on my experience. Where are you located?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fineexampl

noob
Feb 21, 2009
Mount Laurel, NJ
I think the real problem is that you're on Naboo instead of Earth where they live natively. I see them very frequently in NJ. My pearl gourami is probably a couple years old now and is definitely the lord and master of my 46gal. I'm not 100% sure on keeping more than one, but i'm by no means an expert. I would ask around and see what the shop owners can do for you.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I think the real problem is that you're on Naboo instead of Earth where they live natively.
That's your problem. Move to earth....

I have Pearls in my tank. I have a very old and big male, he is stunning!!

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Adam's Pet Safari in Chester have them, they looked to be ~4" for $12.99 each, seemed to be healthy great looking fish.

http://adamspetsafari.com/

They are at 19 West Main St in Chester, NJ

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Adam's Pet Safari in Chester have them, they looked to be ~4" for $12.99 each, seemed to be healthy great looking fish.

http://adamspetsafari.com/

They are at 19 West Main St in Chester, NJ

Cool! That's grown-out pretty well at that size, thus the price I guess.

My old school LFS sells them for $2.99/ea, the newer, fancier one is $6/ea. These are small pearls though. Some are small enough where it's tough to tell if they're male or female.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
The price might be down to the care that has been taken with them, and the cost of quarantining too.

They looked like good healthy fish, and I didn't think they were overpriced.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store