DIY Co2 reactor

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
I decided with having memorial day and today off, I was going to undertake a new project. A CO2 Reactor! I did a decent amount of reading from what I found it appeared to me that the reactor was the best method of dissolving CO2 in the water in a fish tank. So I looked at a few post and did some googling, found the rexx griggs model, a mess of soda bottle ones, and finally the one I decided to go with, the cerges model. I found numerous post on how to build one or at least on very similar. I made a grocery list and hit lowe's up for all the parts, minus the threaded barbed CO2 insert point. I think in total it all cost me under $40 and that was with Teflon tape, glue compound, pipe cutter. I did a water test with my sink and it doesn't leak, HURRAY! if anyone has questions I can drop the links I used or whatever.IMAG1503.jpgIMAG1504.jpgIMAG1505.jpg

IMAG1503.jpg IMAG1504.jpg IMAG1505.jpg

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
I forgot to mention, that I plan on hiding a unicorn inside the housing in an effort to ward off any poppels.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
... I plan on hiding a unicorn inside the housing in an effort to ward off any poppels.
Kind of reminds me to the opening to a dirty joke.

Nice work though!

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
Kind of reminds me to the opening to a dirty joke.

Nice work though!
Thanks freshyfresh! Man the forum must be falling on hard times if getting validation has gotten this hard, hahaha!
I mean 170 views and no reaponses? How am I suppose to have a beaming sense of pride with that...

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I hear you brother. LOL!!

Summertime blues I think. The hobby takes a little bit of a back seat.

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
I had a post with the pic and text, but the website ate it....gggrrr....

So here it is again...I found the 2 DIY how to's that I followed on planted tank dot net. I would have done a how to style post had I not thought I was late to the dance with this, I just figured that most people already knew about this.

f1sleepy

AC Members
Mar 25, 2012
Southern CA
Real Name
James
I built a Serge reactor also and love it! My only suggestion is to leave the purge button on the top and drill a small hole to shove the CO2 hose through. By doing so, it allows you to purge the air out of the system that gets trapped as your canister filter gets dirty or develops leaks. I use it all the time. It also makes the initial setup process much easier.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store