WTB Brine shrimp eggs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

captmicha

Le tired.
Dec 6, 2006
Maryland, USA
I'm looking for hatch-able, viable eggs. Don't want to pay $40+ per lbs like I'm seeing. Anyone buy in bulk care to sell some off? Prefer salt free so I can decap.

rastoma

AC Members
Feb 29, 2012
Jasper, TN
Have you ever tried golden pearls? Supposedly they provide as much nutrition as newly hatched brine shrimp and they have sizes small enough to come pretty close to the size of newly hatched brine shrimp. They float around in the middle of the water column. I have some CPD's that do not like flake food and use to prefer only live brine shrimp. But they took to these golden pearls immediately.

captmicha

Le tired.
Dec 6, 2006
Maryland, USA
I have, but not brineshrimpdirect's ones, I don't think. They were okay but just floated on top of the water, didn't float around the middle like I was hoping. I was hoping to use them for conditioning fish to spawn rather than feeding babies. I'm not sure golden pearls can condition fish for spawning? Or can it?

BallAquatics

Fish Breeder
Oct 9, 2010
Central Ohio, USA
www.ballaquatics.com
Real Name
Dennis Ball
Golden pearls are a fantastic food. With the range of sizes, I feed them to fry not yet big enough to eat bbs, and as a supplement for conditioning breeders. That said, nothing takes the place of live foods for growing out fry or conditioning breeders.

Ken's has the entire range of GP sizes. I've never had any that just floated. It floats for just a bit and then moves through the water column much like a live food would.

Dennis

Captain Jim

AC Members
May 12, 2012
Golden pearls and decap brineshrimp mixed with brineshrimp or beefheart flake foods can be mixed with a few drips of tank water into a "mud" and dropped ..into water with fish or fry where it will drift and sink. I do this with kribs, angels and jewels. Make consistency of "dryish" oatmeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store