Coral ID help please

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LauraL

AC Members
Jan 1, 2009
N.C.
Got this frag yesterday. It's really beautiful - the big polyp is teal green, and the little one is deep blue. I was thinking it might be ricordea yuma, but I'm not sure - it's so small it's hard to tell. It *does* have a very visible mouth opening (lavender! Love it!)

It made one of my mushroom leathers *very* unhappy overnight. I thought they were far enough apart, but the new frag was upstream, and this morning the leather is clenched up and waxy. I moved the new frag up a couple inches onto the rockwork and out of the direct line.
blue button.jpg
Any thoughts or advice?

blue button.jpg

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
It is a type of mushroom, but not exactly sure which one. I have never had or noticed any "chemical warfare" problems with mushrooms, they just over-grow everything. I have had mushrooms grow right next to softies.

LauraL

AC Members
Jan 1, 2009
N.C.
I think the new frag might have "slimed" the leather with some mucous - it's a pretty slippery little sucker and being moved into my tank yesterday may have exacerbated that. Hopefully they'll both calm down and co-exist.

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
Mushrooms do that when upset. The leather may reciprocate. They'll work it out eventually.

LauraL

AC Members
Jan 1, 2009
N.C.
It took a few days. Both the leathers who were (well) downstream from the new mushroom tucked in and got waxy for a couple of days, but they cast their wax coats last night and are back to normal tonight. Meantime, the new mushroom frag has somehow found its way down the LR to the sand bed. I want to move it a little, but I think I'll give it a couple of days first. Lesson learned - next time, new frags are going DOWNSTREAM till they settle in!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store