New to this forum, and 1 question :)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bettabetter

Registered Member
Jun 2, 2013
Hi! I have been keeping a betta fish for almost a year now, and been interested and researching about fish for years now! I am member on the Betta fish forum, but I had some general fish questions, and I thought why not sign up here? :hi:

1 question I have asked on the other forum (but with lacking results) and something that when I read about was very argued about, is about aquarium-safe materials. I have read that lego is totally safe, but I have also read that the paint in lego could be toxic, and I don't want to take risks, so can anyone confirm, maybe from experience if it's okay? and there's also the German brand, playmobil. I was wondering if anyone knew if they are safe, because I have a hoop and some other playmobil things I could use to teach my fish tricks instead of buying something like the R2 fish school kit. I really wanted to use it, but I could find absolutely no information on whether or not it's safe to use. :help2:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

AshK

Muffin MIX NAO
Jun 24, 2008
California, PA
Do you feed live food? Spend this energy, time and hunger for research wisely by starting a variety of live food cultures. Nothing grows the size, colors, and fins in a betta like live food. Just be sure not to over feed and keep up on water changes!

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
LEGOs are non-toxic. I've known a few people who put them in their tanks with no problems reported. The only issue is that they float, so you have to secure them to some sort of weighted object to keep them on the bottom.

Or build a ship and let it float.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store