airplane ear issues

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Hey everyone, I have flown twice in my life that I can remember. Apparently I flew as a baby a few times (sorry). I flew from chicago to boston to visit with my aunt. That was on Friday. I was fine the whole flight until the initial approach. I started to experience the worst pain I have ever had in my head ever. My right ear didnt hurt too bad, but my left was incredibly painful, so much that I was shaking. After landing my left ear was clogged up , but it got better over night. But then yesterday afternoon it got clogged up again and healed overnight. The same thing happened today. I have tried the most popular techniques including yawning, gum, and trying to "pop" my ears by inhaling and then closing my nose and mouth. My allergies were giving me a bit of trouble Friday morning, but it went away later. The flight wasn't until 7 pm. I will be flying home on Tuesday and I will try the gum and yawning on takeoff and landing. If the issues don't go away after a few days at home, should I go to the doctor? Are there any other things that I can do to combat this? I spent an hour or so reading up on it and the only thing that I can come up with is either an ear infection or my sinuses acting up. I havent had any allergy issues being here. When my left ear is plugged up it looses most of its hearing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Zaffy

Why would ******* be censored?
Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
Sinus decongestant, but if you're still in pain a few days after the flight you should see a doctor about it.

Also, try popping your ears with the techniques you said often while ascending and descending in the plane.

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Sinus decongestant, but if you're still in pain a few days after the flight you should see a doctor about it.

Also, try popping your ears with the techniques you said often while ascending and descending in the plane.
I will do. It hasn't hurt since the flight. It just feels weird when it is clogged.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Zaffy

Why would ******* be censored?
Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
Cool, the way you wrote it I wasn't sure if you were still in pain or not. I had to cancel SCUBA diving on my last vacation due to inability to clear my ears. Good luck

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
well it didn't hurt last night. The flight today went well. My ears did pop, but it didn't cause any pain and I have been fine all day.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store