Hospital Tank For Cory

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

konstargirl

AC Members
Jun 2, 2013
Chicago, Il,USA
Real Name
Olivia
I just set up my hospital tank today for my cory and I was wondering when I can put him in there and how do I wait til I can start putting meds in? Can I feed him while medicating him?

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Might be better off having this in a thread of it's own rather than mixed in here, but...stating why the cory is going in will be helpful. He should go in immediately, and then you monitor water quality and do water changes to avoid nitrogen issues. Medicating will depend on what you're treating for, and the guidelines provided on the package. Same for feeding--I'm not familiar with any meds that would recommend not feeding, so feeding should be done at your normal schedule.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
When setting up such a tank on short notice, you are essentially the only means of removing ammonia. Forget about the manufacturers instructions as far as how often to dode. They're intended for folks who medicate a whole, fully cycled display tank. In a bare bones set up I vac a small amount of water shortly after each feeding to get rid of uneaten food and some poo, and perform a 50% water change each day. The new water is properly dosed according to the manufacturer's per gal recommendation. This routine is maintained until the fish clears qt, or dies. Allowing ammonia to build up will negate any beneficial effects of the antibiotics.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Might be better off having this in a thread of it's own rather than mixed in here, but...stating why the cory is going in will be helpful. He should go in immediately, and then you monitor water quality and do water changes to avoid nitrogen issues. Medicating will depend on what you're treating for, and the guidelines provided on the package. Same for feeding--I'm not familiar with any meds that would recommend not feeding, so feeding should be done at your normal schedule.
Done.

konstargirl

AC Members
Jun 2, 2013
Chicago, Il,USA
Real Name
Olivia
I just put him in the hospital tank now. He's a little stressed right now. As I expained in my last tread he may ave some kind of fungus in him.>< I bought Marcyn a few days ago..

Aquanero

"In omnibus speciebus. Adunatum."
Feb 14, 2011
New Jersey
Real Name
Tom
This is and interest thread. I found the following information "There was a post on Ian Fuller’s “Corydoras-World” site that did mention that some folks have experienced strange fatty nodules that can appear on the fins and bodies of Corydoras that are receiving too much protein. I have seen this on fatter bodied Cory’s and Brochis. The assumption is that they are fed a diet of black worms or bloodworms, I believe that I read that Mr. Fuller and others changed up the diet to include some flakes, pellets, algae wafers etc. or brine shrimp and the nodules went away with no harm to the fish." If this is diet related and non pathogenic the meds would have no effect. I thought it was worth mentioning.

konstargirl

AC Members
Jun 2, 2013
Chicago, Il,USA
Real Name
Olivia
Interesting..

Well I have a update on the cory and it's good news too. <3 It's going away! The fungus is getting smaller. <3 He is healing really slowly. His fungus is on the left side

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store