Wrasse taking out CUC

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ThatNewFishGuy

AC Members
May 4, 2010
I decided to replenish my CUC the other day and bought 10 hermits for 90 galon. As soon as I put them in my elegant corris wrasse started assasinating them one by one. He even picked some of them up and took them behind the rocks where I havn't seen them since. The only sign that they even existed for a few minutes in my tank are the empty shells on the front part of the SB.

Is there any CUC that this guy wont go after? I was thinking of adding a goby to keep my SB stirred up a bit but that wont take care of the fish waste and bits of algea.

edit: at the LFS, it was labeled as a elegant coris wrasse the google image results that come up don't really match what he looks like. He looks far more like a hoven's wrasse.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Lots of wrasse deemed "reef safe" should be labeled as "coral safe" as many will kill off a CUC pretty quickly. Snails like turbos stand a better chance versus hermits, nassarius, etc. Nassarius may get picked off some but they will learn the wrasse is in the tank and stay under the sand until the lights go off.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store