compatibility question....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kooter

AquaMan
Dec 14, 2003
Mission, BC
What tank mates would you be able to put with a Parachromis friedrichsthalii, (Freddy or Yellow Jacket)?

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Depends. In a 10 gal tank, nothing. In a 1000 gal tank, just about anything it can't swallow whole. If your tank lies in the middle of this range, a bit more info could help narrow things down.

kooter

AquaMan
Dec 14, 2003
Mission, BC
My signature states what tank I have him/her in. As you can see, the footprint is a cube, but lots of plants. I have to change the "mild mannered" part of my signature because it has changed since then. ;) I now have a fire eel, featherfin synodontis, and the Freddy. The fire eel has one log, the Synodontis has the other log and the Freddy has the rest of the tank. The fire eel is about 7", the Synodontis is about 5" and the Freddy is about 3". Is there anything else to suggest or would this be pretty much maxed out in your opinion?! Thanks for the input.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Considering how big the Fire Eel can get, you're already overstocked imo. Not everyone considers how big the fish can get, rather than how big they currently are when they figure out stocking capacity, but they really should.

kooter

AquaMan
Dec 14, 2003
Mission, BC
In your opinion, how big can the Fire Eel get? I've heard quite a range from 10" - 24".

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
I knew one personally that was every inch of 3'.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
It was quite the sight when its owner would drum his fingers on the rim of the tank, and the fish would come out of his hollow log to take nightcrawlers from his hand!

kooter

AquaMan
Dec 14, 2003
Mission, BC
I must say that is cool. My Fire eel will eat from my hands too...not scared at all.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store