Anyone been fishing lately?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I been out fishing a lot lately, just to get my mind of things and relax. Mostly catching Bluegills and Pumpkinseed out of a small crater lake near me. It's a nice area, very clear water and you can see the fish right infront of you. The sunnies are not afraid of people, walk into the water, they will school in large numbers and at feet and legs. I have seen trout, catfish and many more fish. I catch and release fish from the small lake, I wouldn't keep these fish. I caught a large sunnie and saw that it had red worm-like sticking out of it.

I'll post photos later of some fish I've caught.

What have you caught during the year thus far?

trkchezz

AC Members
Jun 16, 2013
Been out a couple of times. Here is the picture of what we caught, along with some bass around 12-16 inches.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1372080279523.jpg

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Ive been fishing a few times this year. I even gave fly fishing a try but i couldnt catch a thing... Besides the trees and shrubs a few yards BEHIND me :( i found a new pond in a neighboring city that only has bass. Caught a 18 1/4inch bass from there. Not my biggest bass which was 21inches and 5.3lbs. But thats a story of its own. Btw what gear and tackle do you guys use? I have all different setups for different purposes. I have my fly rod, a 6 1/2 foot ugly stick with a Shimano baitcaster really that i use at the cape when we go fishing for black seabass and scup, a penfishing rod, a Penn deepsea rod, and a custom hand made rod from my dad's native alaskan friend thats also is a deepsea rod

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I use my 5' 6" Light Action Whoppin' Stick for trout, bass, and sunnies, and a what I think is an 6' 6" Medium Action Ugly Stick for large bass, pickeral, catfish and other larger fish. I only have two rods, I need a few more for even larger fish and maybe a new Light action. All my gear is about 10 yrs old or more, it used to be my dad's stuff.

My largest fish had to be a 24" 6-7 ld Large Mouth Bass a few yrs ago.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
My cousin has the 6'6" Whoppin' stick and those things are just a durable as the almighty Ugly Stick! Theres a pond in my area that i need to try out this year too. Its stocked with trout and salmon. The bass, perch, and sunnies are there year round. Its about 90' deep in the middle so ill take the canoe and have a blast. And dang thats a monster bass you caught! If any of you ever visit Mass go check out Glouster( idk if thats spelled right) they do tuna trips. The owner of a local baitshop goes every year and his biggest tuna was 800lbs. Expensive though. I think it was like $200 a person :/

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Jeez sounds like a load of fun! My bass was an accidental catch. I casted my crawfish BOMBER lure out about 50' into a resivour ( its legal to fish there so no worries) i hooked a medium sized perch and as i was really him in i felt this huge thud and my line started going out. So i tightened the drag some and started reeling. Out comes this large pregnant large mouth. The only reason i knew i hooked the perch was because the only way to get my lure back was to un hook the bass first then get the perch off the other hook. It was kinda funny thinking " so i used a lure to catch one fish and indirectly used live bait to catch another". The bass survived but the pech wasnt so lucky. He came floating back up when i tries to release him back in :/

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Just a big mouth and a struggling fish is all it takes to catch a big one i guess. Here in Massachusetts theres not really alot of fish you can catch unless the lake or pond is stocked. What ive noticed over the years on my solo fishing days its mostly large mouth bass, perch, sunnies, bluegills, pumpkin seeds, and cained pickerel. Ive went out to ponds that where stocked with trout but never actually caught a trout in those ponds though. Theres a large pond that supposed has tiger muskie but i have yet to see anyone catch one or even see one and i go fishing off my canoe at this pond so ive fishing ever corner and everywhere there so im not so sure thats true. What fish do you catch in your part?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store