Help with Newtek 24hour digital timer and power strip

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

spottea

AC Members
Dec 16, 2007
California
So, I bought this timer when my last one died, and since then I have been turning the lights on and off manually, because I simply don't understand the instructions! The folk at the fish store don't know either, so I'm stuck. All I've managed to do so far is set the correct time. LOL! Please help. All I want to do is set the timer to go on in the morning and off at night, not " program events" or " night time applications". It's written in gibberish I tell you!
It wasn't cheap either, so I don't want to give up yet.
Thanks
Chris

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
What particular model number/style?

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Is that the one with the blue outlets for the night time timer and yellow for day? No idea on the programming. I just use inexpensive lamp timers.

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
This is a similar model to the Coralife Digital Power Center.

Hit "Program" to start programming. Program 1 On time will come up on the display. Hit the Hour and Minute buttons to set your on time. You can also hit "Day" to choose whether you want this program to run on a specific day, just the weekdays, just the weekend, or all 7 days. When you have entered in the time hit "Program" again. This will then let you set Program 1 Off time. Repeat the process for when you want the lights to turn off. Hit "Program" again to select Program 2 if you want to set a different day (I generally use separate programs for weekdays and weekends myself). When you are done entering in programs hit "Clock" to return to the menu.

When you are all done hit the "Mode" button until you see "Auto" selected on the left side of the display. The timer will now run automatically, turning on the yellow outlets when the unit is programmed to come on. The timer is not a "smart" timer. That is it doesn't know when it is on or off just when it is supposed to switch. Your lights will start off being off most likely and when the next scheduled time for them to turn on comes around they will turn on automatically.

You can also select "RDM" which will randomly turn on the lights +/- 15 minutes from their normal start and stop times. This was to discourage burglers when used with household lights.

Andy

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store