Need Help With Gourami Flake Diet

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TheLindseyPanda

AC Members
Jun 25, 2013
Real Name
Lindsey
I would like to feed my Gouramis with a base diet of flake or pellet food, but I have run into a bump in the road. What kind should I get?! The market is flooded with all sorts of food and I just need something healthy that tastes good for them. It also can't be too big of a bank-breaker. What kind of food do you feed to your Gouramis? I know that they are omnivores, but that is about it in the nutrition area!

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
In general, I'd recommend NLS (New Life Spectrum) or Omega One foods, because they're actually good foods (you can tell by the smell) and are widely available in most chain stores. If you're looking at more specialty kind of food, Kensfish.com (I think that's the site) has more higher end foods.

My betta does not like Omega One flakes (neither does my angel, for that matter), but eagerly takes NLS, uh, I think it's the general freshwater or tropical or something, .5 mm pellets, as does everything else I have.

TheLindseyPanda

AC Members
Jun 25, 2013
Real Name
Lindsey

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I think that's what I have.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
My gouramis and bettas go to town on anything that hits the water. I rotate between Omega One flake food and Tetramin flake food, with occasional Omega One freeze-dried blood worms tossed in. Luckily I've yet to own a picky eater.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I prefer the Super Fabulous Color Flakes myself.

TheLindseyPanda

AC Members
Jun 25, 2013
Real Name
Lindsey
OK, thanks everyone! I will definitely use the Omega One stuff I linked. Hopefully, my new additions won't be picky eaters...but my last betta was one and we got through it, so I am prepared for the worst :)

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Oh, and don't forget, you can order online. Just make sure you're not actually out of food before you order, so there's time for it to arrive. Probably cheaper than in store acquisition.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store