Black molly with ich

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I transfered my black molly and 2 kuhli loaches from my 10 gallon to the 37g, 2 weeks ago. There were no signs of illness while he was in the 10, but gets ich once he's put into the 37g. I turned the temp up to 84 degrees. None of my other fish are sick and are quite healthy. I can't use salt due to have 5 kuhli loaches in the tank.

What can I do? I tried the quick cure I have, which normally works when I turn the heat up.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Take him out and treat him seperately.

Mollies are natural brackish water fish. It would have been best to have had a little salt in the tank before hand.

PS--I think Kulies can handle the salt, not sure.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I have no other tank to put him in. I kept mollies in fresh water just fine and bred them. They can live in fresh, brackish and salt. Kuhlis don't have scales so I doubt they can handle salt. I also have an upside down cat and he has no scales either.

kissofcrimson

AC Members
Aug 14, 2012
North Carolina, USA
When I had ich with my Kuhli's and Dojo's I dosed with salt but only did half the dosage since they are less tolerant. They may look healthy but its very possible that they have it as well.

kissofcrimson

AC Members
Aug 14, 2012
North Carolina, USA
Ah, yeah with plants I wouldn't either. I took mine all out and it was a pain. Well hopefully the heat kills them off and you don't have to dose the tank. Have you thought about giving them a salt bath? Just making a solution and dipping them for a couple minutes. I did this also.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

tanker

Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Right now I don't have any salt.
Just use table salt.

PS--I have done the salt treatment (at full dosage) for ICH with plants without any issues

tanker

Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store