bulb tip anemone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

freshbutsalty

AC Members
Feb 22, 2004
CA
Visit site
I was thinking about getting a bulb tip anemone for my clowns. This would be my first try with a anemone and would be my only anemone in my 100 aquarium. I just wanted to know if they would except frozen food like brine shrimp or formula one. Also is my lighting good I have a power compact with 2-65 watt 10,000K premium daylight pc, and 2-65 watt ultra-actinic pc and also with the 4 moon lights. I also have 70lbs. of live rock and a good 3inchs of sand base. So if anyone has had any prior experience could you let me know if this is a good or bad idea to get one. Oh ya the tank has only been set up for 4 months now

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
bubble tips would probably be ok if you keep your water quality really high. They do tend to be very sensative to poor water quality so that's something that you'll really have to keep a close eye on. As a matter of fact I'd keep a close eye on it a while before you get this critter just to get some practice. They aren't very forgiving and will just kind of melt if conditions aren't to their liking. There also isn't very much that you can do for them when conditions start to go downhill. That having been said if there are conditions that they like they'll do great and often reproduce in your tank, " or mine has anyway". Just give it a good variety of foods like micro invert feeder, small fish, and brine. I've always given mine a feed with solids every 3rd day and micro invert food every other day and it seems to be doing fine. I still think that the flower anemonies are the easiest to start out with though. You get most of the behavior,"they don't eat solids or host clowns", but they are as hardy as shrooms don't move around a lot and are IMO really pretty.
hth and disregard the opinion if you want to :D
Chris

freshbutsalty

AC Members
Feb 22, 2004
CA
Visit site
thank you for your info. my water quality has been perfect for sometime now so i will continue to keep an eye on it, and in sometime get one. Again thank you for all your help

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store