Fuzz on cory near start of dorsal fin?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

qadaemon

AC Members
Apr 29, 2012
I was gone for four days, noticed this on the top near the now lost dorsal fin of one cory (10 in medium-density planted tank, 6 otos, several cherry shrimp, nerites). Started water changes but I don't know what it is so I don't know what to medicate. Everyone is acting normal & eating. No flashing that I have noticed.

Thanks!

Tests:
0/trace free/total ammonia
0 NO2
1-2 NO3 on low range test kit, 0 on high range
7.8 PH
75 Degrees F

http://i.imgur.com/p09mBxq.jpg?1

photo-1.JPG

tiger_cory

i'm the pie
Jul 5, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Real Name
hello
I think that's fungus. Isolate the cory and use an anti fungal treatment until the spore comes off. You rarely need to treat the whole tank as they are often caused by injury. I don't know much else....
If the medication is copper based you will need to remove the cherry shrimp. Good luck!

Last edited:

leshrimp

AC Members
Jul 6, 2013
Oh man definitely fungus.... This has happened to a few of my fish in the past. I used a medication on my fish. Good luck though, fungus is some nasty stuff.

tiger oscar

Mr.Bushynose pleco
Jul 5, 2013
Alberta,Canada
Real Name
You will never know
That is so fungus use a fungus or internal parisite medication.

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
If it's a fungus, what is accomplished by dosing for an internal parasite?

tiger_cory

i'm the pie
Jul 5, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Real Name
hello
If it's a fungus, what is accomplished by dosing for an internal parasite?
Tiger Oscar gave you the wrong idea. Nothing can be accomplished because fungus is not an internal parasite.

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Tiger Oscar gave you the wrong idea. Nothing can be accomplished because fungus is not an internal parasite.
I didn't get the wrong idea, I'm just curious what the rationale is behind treating for a parasite to get rid of fungus.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store