Pleco Brown Spot

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

leshrimp

AC Members
Jul 6, 2013
I have had this pleco for a LONG time and he is huge. He is 16 years old now and I noticed he has a raised brown spot on his side. I just notice recently and he is a common pleco so it definitely doesn't pair up with his coloration. Unfortunately I don't have a picture right now but I will try and get one soon. He has always been really crazy, by that meaning he sometimes freaks out and swims at the glass and one time he jumped out of the freaking tank. To be honest he looks healthy but I just don't want to overlook anything.
Any ideas?

Lillyan

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
Culpeper, VA
How big a tank, how often do you do w/c, feed him good?
Raised spot for an old fish might be a tumor or other growth. I know some people have done surgeries on fish, don't recall any of them being plecos though.

leshrimp

AC Members
Jul 6, 2013
How big a tank, how often do you do w/c, feed him good?
Raised spot for an old fish might be a tumor or other growth. I know some people have done surgeries on fish, don't recall any of them being plecos though.
He is in a 55g. Unfortunately a little small for him but I really had no other option but to adopt him from a careless owner. I did a water change a few days ago and I test my water parameters frequently, low ammonia, low nitrates ect. He eats off the glass and I feed him spirulina pellets once every other day. I also just googled some fish tumors and they seem to be common in koi and pond fishes but those growths look nothing like his. He still isn't displaying anything out of the ordinary though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store