Angel fish sudden death

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fish Master

Needs more fish tanks
Aug 17, 2012
Colorado
My angelfish was perfectly fine today, then my friend saw him randomly start floating down to the bottom of the tank. I take a look and he's dead.:(:cry: What do you think happened to him?

axelrod12

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Real Name
Greg
More info on the tank could help. Parameters, temp, size, water change schedule, tank mates, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Fish Master

Needs more fish tanks
Aug 17, 2012
Colorado
It is a 36 gallon bowfront tank. Tank mates are a dwarf gourami, glass catfish, upside down catfish, an albino cory, 2 turquoise rainbowfish (they're really really mean), and a chinese algae eater, and a dalmation molly. Temp. is in the upper 70's (degrees f.).

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
When asked for parameters, numbers/exact answers, not descriptions are useful, as is providing all of the requested information. So "upper 70's" (sic) is less useful than 78. Typically, "parameters" include ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate readings, always, and in some cases pH is useful, although that's usually less relevant with captive bred populations.

For what it's worth, your cory will be much less stressed with a school.

Chinese algae eaters, if I'm recalling species correctly, have been known to suck off slime coats on disc shaped fish.

Fish Master

Needs more fish tanks
Aug 17, 2012
Colorado
Ok, the temperature is 75-78 degrees f. I don't have any equipment to test the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, or the ph:footinmouth:. The Chinese algae eater doesn't usually bother any fish, unless they're dead.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
you need to get the reagents test to measure ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. Angels are very sensitive to water conditions.

add to the mix you have aggressive(mean rainbows) and a CAE..which if not aggressive now will probably become aggressive.

how long has the tank been set up and how long ago was the last time you added fish?
how big was the angel ?

Fish Master

Needs more fish tanks
Aug 17, 2012
Colorado
you need to get the reagents test to measure ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. Angels are very sensitive to water conditions.

add to the mix you have aggressive(mean rainbows) and a CAE..which if not aggressive now will probably become aggressive.

how long has the tank been set up and how long ago was the last time you added fish?
how big was the angel ?
The tank has been set up for a few years, I don't know how many years exactly. The last time I added fish was July 5th. The angel was around 4 inches. lately a lot of fish have been dieing too.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
what is your tank maintenance schedule?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store