URGENT pectoral fin ripped off!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

leshrimp

AC Members
Jul 6, 2013
Okay my yellow lab SOMEHOW got its right pectoral fin completely ripped off! I will put into a quarentine immediately but will it grow back? Does this fish have a chance? The fin is completely gone. Not torn!

leshrimp

AC Members
Jul 6, 2013
Update I have noticed another fish with red at the base of the fin. wtf is going on?!

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Most definitely isolate and make sure the QT tanks are as clean as possible to reduce the chance of secondary infection. Fin growth is tricky...depends on how bad the wound is as well as a lot of other factors. Total fin replacement may not be possible, so in other words, don't get you hopes up. Again, maintaining clean water is absolutely essential.

Was this the same yellow lab that was being bullied?

leshrimp

AC Members
Jul 6, 2013
Well the one with the completely missing fin is a smaller female but not the fish being badly bullied and the fish with red at the base of the fin is a dominant aggressive male. I only have one qt tank so i don't know if i should put both in? Maybe i should set up dividers?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store