Affordable Plant lighting t5 , LED?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

meximan

AC Members
Dec 30, 2012
Right now i have a marineland t5 Fixture with one 6500k and 10k bulb..Its working great on my java moss ect...However my swords havent been doing to hot , and i would really like to Carpet some Dwarf Hairgrass.

My tank is your standard 55 gallon.

does anyone have any suggestions as to a lighting solution that would be able to carpet hairgrass that isnt going to rape my wallet?

Im assuming this upgrade is also going to force me to need a co'2 set up as well.

meximan

AC Members
Dec 30, 2012
The fixture i dont think is HO. but regular t5 bulbs?

I have been dosing flourish once a week, no carbon sources right now, although i am trying those small co2 tablets in my 10 gallon .

MostlyHarmless

AC Members
Jul 17, 2013
What are you using for a substrate?, I have swords going crazy with little to no light, but I used dirt capped with gravel.

meximan

AC Members
Dec 30, 2012
I got the light. oddysey with 6500k bulbs...This thing is BRRRIIGGHHT....but the feet for the light wouldnt get small enough to mount on my 48" wide aquarium, so i have it set on the glass right now...Also no light switch on the light fixture itself its on the power chord so i guess i need to find a timer to manage Light periods for me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store