Good News Everyone! I just joined :)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cliMAKtic

Registered Member
Jul 18, 2013
Ipswich, MA
Real Name
Mike
Hello community! I am new to this site and 'relatively' new to the large tank scene. I've always had smaller tanks(10-30g) and wanted to get into more serious keeping, but finally had the funds and time to get into it lately. I have now had my 55g freshwater tank for about 6mo, and a 90g freshwater tank for about 2 weeks. I have mostly cichlids and semi-agressors (tinfoil & gold-rosy barbs, j.d. cich, elec yellow & blue african cichs, jewel cich, red-tailed shark, some serpae tetra etc..). I used to have most of those fish all together with a careful eye at first thinking I'd have some fights and bites on my hands, but aside from the cichlids occasionally fighting over the best spot under the driftwood, the shark chasing the barbs around when he got bored, and the tetra taunting the jewel hilariously... proud to say not a death yet which even I found myself surprised about. Now that they are bit bigger I had to do a little separation hence the 90g tank. I had a little trouble with fin rot early on probably because I didn't have a high enough salinity level but that cleared up well enough. Definitely still have things to learn, and that's why I am here, looks like a great community!

Something about me.. my current most wanted fish is the L25/Scarlet Pleco, minus the current $500-1000 price range lol, just a gorgeous pleco. Anyway, I look forward to hearing from ya'll. I'll post some pictures of my setups when I get a chance! :D

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Id love to see what you have and welcome to AC!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store