TBA

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
The start....but of what? :D

100_6250.JPG 100_6249.JPG

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Ahem, this is the AFRICAN cichlid section Pitt ;)
Yeah, you tell him! That Pitt has been brain washed or something, I don't like it I tell you! :nilly:

I was considering Discus though.... but that is just too many water changes for me. I hadn't thought about a nice blackwater angel setup though, hmm. I'm pretty sure I am going another way with this, any other ideas though?

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
36x18x21 inches with a 20g high sump.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
LOL ahh you know i will be back to Tang's some day I am thinking a small group of Calvus as soon as i can get rid of some fish after they breed..

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Ashley! Good to see you!

Reef tank? Certainly not! Ok, I wish it was but I don't have that kind of money or time or dedication....yet. :D I will get some updates on this tank a little later.

Hope to see some updates on your threads ashley! All your tanks were inspirational to me.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
So a little bit of background. I got this tank for free several yrs ago and it has just been collecting dust since then (next to my other 20 some odd tanks I horde!). I did a 72g Mbuna tank in my 1st floor living room but the rents got sick of the aggression. Now I want to do Tangs! This is in my 2nd floor (personal) living room and this is my view of it from my couch.
IMG_0085.JPG

Sorry for the dirty glass in these pictures, I had flim on the surface of the test water and as I drained the tank the film stuck to the glass. I put the rock in there for depth and size perspective. LOL just noticed you can see my TV/Monitor reflection and look what site I'm on! Any way, this is my first tank with an overflow and sump so I did a lot of research before the first test run. I decided to go with the herbie overflow system because this is 3 feet from where I watch TV and the durso I tried was far from quiet.
IMG_0079.JPGIMG_0077.JPGIMG_0078.JPG

I think I am going to increase the size of the emergency overflow pipe but you see what's going on. Because I removed the return from the overflow box I had to cover the big opening.
IMG_0082.JPGIMG_0080.JPG

Should have used black silicone but whatever. I also added a siphon break to the return line (tubing will be cut once water level is established.
IMG_0081.JPG

That's it so far though. I plan to have some calvus or comps, julis, shelldwellers and my syno cats in here eventually, if it gets too crowded I will remove something somewhere down the line, start a breeding tank whatever. By the time these things grow up who knows where anything will be! :) I am thinking white clavus, juli marlieri and brevis or gold occies. Think my lone male temporalis "shell" will be ok in there?

ANY suggestions or comments please?

IMG_0085.JPG IMG_0079.JPG IMG_0077.JPG IMG_0078.JPG IMG_0082.JPG IMG_0080.JPG IMG_0081.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store