Anyone in Florida?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
In about a week or so I'm moving down to Florida, Gainesville specifically, and was wondering if anyone else in the area had any suggestions for LFS or clubs (already tried the thread in Gen FW). Just from searching online it seems most are in the Tampa/Orlando/South FL areas and not so much up my way, but I'd be willing to make small trips if I knew I was getting high quality fish ahead of time.

Anybody from FL that has any suggestions? I'm itching to setup a couple of small tanks again and any help would be greatly appreciated!

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Didn't Platytudes move down to Gainesville or something recently?

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
She's the only one that has come to mind for me that's in Florida.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Seems that I'm one of the only active members that (will be) in FL, or none of them visit GCC it seems...

You might check with Tim Tebow. He's spent quite a bit of time in FL.

Good luck.

What are you doing in FL, Pappy?
Haha, thanks for the help Mad. I'm starting grad school at UF this fall.

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
Hey I actually am just moving yo gainseville as well! I am starting vet school at uf.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Hey I actually am just moving yo gainseville as well! I am starting vet school at uf.

Haha, what a coincidence! I'm starting a PhD program in Soil and Water Science.

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
Nicee where are you living? Im in a townhouse in the community bellamy forge. There is supposed to be a good local fish store right bear the school (not sure of address yet) but its like 1 mile from yhe community kensington south

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
Also previously I lived in orlando and I know of 2 excellent lfs and 1 with awesome selection with horrific prices lol. Darkwater aquatics (new store, very nice owner who has excellent prices, gets unique fish, and does special orders!) And pet bazzar are both excellent with very good prices. Fishy business is the other, by far the biggest but my god are they overpriced on virtually everything. All these stores are in orlando though which will be close to 2 hrs away

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store