Need LED light controller Help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
I bought this 5m strip of 5050 RGB LED lights to put on my 200 gallon aquarium: http://www.ebay.com/itm/181069430648?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

For the power supply I bought a universal AC/DC adapter and have the output set to 12v.(which is the highest setting available) On the current factor on the adapter, it says DC 500mA max.

When I first got them in, the controller wouldn't work, so the LEDs were stuck on blue. I told the seller about it and they sent me a new controller free of charge. I got it in today and the new one does not work, so I am inclined to believe that it has something to do with the power supply I bought separately at home depot. Could this be caused by not having a strong enough power supply? Could someone suggest a good solution? Thanks.

cricket55

AC Members
Feb 6, 2012
VA
Does the second one not power on at all? I wouldn't think it was the power supply since it powered the old one. I'm thinking it is the controller. Do you have a multi meter by any chance?

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
I don't have one, but both of the controllers power on, they are just stuck on blue and the remote to change anything about the lights does not work at all.

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

cricket55

AC Members
Feb 6, 2012
VA
Since there is power I dont see how it could be the power supply. There has to be some sort of issue with the controller. Possibly not using rgb LEDs? Is the remote the only way to change the colors? May want to give them a call again.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
Yeah the controller is the only way to change the colors, and the remote has a huge color selection. The only to get power to the LEDs is through the controller that they gave me.

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store