White fuzzy patch

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Wednesday morning, my daughter pointed out a "zebra tail fish" (better known as a rummynose) with a white fuzzy spot just ahead of the tail, on its back. It looks like a fungal thing to me, but I forgot to take a picture of it. Wednesday and Thursday were *really* stupid busy. It's otherwise nice and active, eating well. So, water changes?

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Water changes and monitor. I'd probably go so far as to set up a hospital tank and have it ready. If it doesn't improve or starts getting worse, pulling it for treatment will be easier that way.

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
I would watch for now...but will tell you what I swear by now....Voogle. I picked some up a while ago. I set up a betta for my son and of course the one he picked out looked like hell. It was seriously close to death and almost all his fins were gone. It took like 2 days before he had what looked like fungus. I started adding the voogle everyday...this fish got well so fast I couldn't believe it. Then a while later I bought some rainbows from...dare I say it....petsmart. One of them started almost immediately developing white fuzzy patches around it's gills. I had just planted the tank and really didn't want to do daily water changes. I went to the voogle again....it was amazing how quickly it disappeared. Now...could it be coincidental? maybe. But, it's not a med, not an antibiotic and did not harm my biofiltration or my plants.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store