Hello! I need help with my glass catfish!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sammysmilesx

Registered Member
Aug 2, 2013
Real Name
Samantha
Hey everyone!
I need some help with my glass catfish.
I've been watching them since I purchased them last week, and today when I went to feed my fish I noticed that one of my three glass catfish had an opaque white tail. All of my catfish were fine last night, there was nothing out of the ordinary until this morning. Now I have them in a quarantine tank, and the one fish is not swimming. He is just laying at the bottom of the tank, he is still alive because I can see his gills moving, and he will occasionally swim around, but he is obviously struggling, plus when he swims he will swim either normally, on his side or upside down.... I am going to take them to Petco to see what I need to do, but I would also like some help here for the fact that I don't want to call Petco every time I need some help. Also, for the fact that their fish "expert" isn't going to be there until tomorrow, and lets face it, the other workers that are in today most likely won't know what do to, plus I know for a fact that he will not make it until tomorrow without treatment... Another one of my glass catfish is also starting to develop the white tail. Is it ich or something else? My third glass catfish is also somewhat different. I don't know if it's just me being paranoid because of my other two, but he isn't the same as the others. His spine is more on the red side and the coloring of his internals is also different.
PLEASE HELP!! I really don't want them to die!!
-Samantha

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
You probably would be better served to actually post this in the Freshwater Illness/Disease forum, as not everyone reads the Introduce Yourself posts. Be sure to include important information like the tank size, temperature, filtration, ammonia/nitrite/nitrate levels, pH, how long you've had your glass cats, how many of them, how long the tank has been set up, and is the tank planted. If possible, pictures are worth a thousand words.

And on that note, welcome to AC. Good luck.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store