New 30 gallon planted tank build.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tbsused0327

AC Members
Jun 28, 2010
I recently traded my 55gal long for a 30gal long. I'm doing a planted freshwater tank. It will be low maintenance planted. I built the stand for it too. It's not pretty, lol, but the tank is going to be. I just filled it up with water today after putting in the substrate. I chose seachem flourite. The water is dirty, but I want to include every step of the build. I will be posting pictures of the stand and the tank shortly. More info to come!

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Sounds cool so far :)

Agro

AC Members
Jul 25, 2013
Treviso - Italy
I think flourite is excessive for low maintenance tank.
What lighting and filter you have?
Curiosity how much you spent for flourite?
In may country cost much.

tbsused0327

AC Members
Jun 28, 2010
Sorry for the abandonment of this thread. I've had a lot come up. I will be uploading pictures either tonight or tomorrow. I paid $15 for the flourite from my LFS. I will probably never use flourite again though, due to the fact that it severely clouds the water when disturbed even the slightest bit. Even after being rinsed thoroughly. I have some swords in the background and some anubiases in the front and a couple tied to a piece of driftwood. I chose to do a fish in cycling process after a load of research. I chose panda corys because they can breathe oxygen by coming up to the top of the water and because they are extremely hardy. Tank has been active for two weeks now and the fish are as active as the day I bought them. I will be updating the thread more often now as things have finally calmed down. Keep a look out for the pictures today or tomorrow. Sorry again for disappearing.

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Really? My flourite is actually pretty clean and rarely clouds the water.

tbsused0327

AC Members
Jun 28, 2010
I guess I got an unlucky bag then,lol. I rinsed it for a good while and it gets cloudy when I'm doing a slight vacuum of the substrate. I'm sure it will calm down over time, but it's just annoying. I like clear tanks and I know it's not bad for the fish to be in cloudy water, but it's definitely not aesthetically pleasing,lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store