Shark Week...what the heck?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
I could not believe Discovery would stoop so low and pull an Animal Plant (the masterminds behind Mermaids: The Body Found) and show that crap of a "documentary" Megalodon: The Monster Shark Lives.

It's not like sharks are one of the most successful organisms still alive. Apparently their true evolutionary history isn't interesting enough so they need to grab ratings by filming this drivel?

/endminirant

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
I rather enjoyed it. I loved the Blair witch segment where they shook the cam and then cut the lights, LOL.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
You know what's the saddest part about that? That kind of crap is aimed at two categories of people: conspiracy theorists and kids who find reality too boring to pay attention to.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
I don't watch US TV anymore because of all the times a dedicated channel has been 'reinvented' to make money and lost it's roots in the process.

Granted, I've never watched that much TV, but still. It's pathetic.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
I don't watch US TV anymore because of all the times a dedicated channel has been 'reinvented' to make money and lost it's roots in the process.

Granted, I've never watched that much TV, but still. It's pathetic.
100% agreed. Animal planet used to be all about animals but now they have shows about making guns and Call Of The Wildman. OTOH, call of the wildman is hilarious IMO.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ManEatingShrimp

AC Members
Jan 28, 2012
I grew up watching animal planet and discovery channel. The crocodile hunter was even my childhood hero! Its disgusting that there are no educational shows. Now its just reality and drama shows that don't even relate to animals. Its no longer "surprisingly human" because its all human. I would much rather see documentaries and more shows like planet earth. Anyone know of a channel that still shows stuff like the older animal planet and discovery channels?

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Ermagerd. :nilly: Look. I'm pretty credulous to a lot of things, and am willing to allow for possibilities. Like extra-terrestrial life, nessie, sasquatch, and megalodon, as a few examples. Grossly unlikely? Quite. But we don't know the deeps as well as we'd like, and it's entirely possible that megalodon now lives down there, and we'd never really know. That said, I didn't watch the show, but if it's being compared to Mermaids, well, half-fish, half-man, all conjecture sums it up.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
The problem is that the "evidence" for Megalodon was made up. Try watching it without laughing.

DC could have done an actual documentary on Megalodon, showing how the oceans used to look and even speculating on how Megalodon would have ruled today's waters. I'm open to possibilities too, but when presented in this fashion its darn near insulting.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store