Looking for an All-In-One unit for my office

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

clawlan

Don't harass the sea turtles!
Dec 29, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I know a lot of you click on this thread, caps lock ready, but let me explain. I have been in the hobby a while and have had many man successful tanks. Over the past few years though I have been unable to have any because of a lot of moving. Now that I have settled and have nice office, I'd like to have a nice small but elegant tank. I am looking for a (mostly) all in one unit that will work for some small fish; thinking something like a gourami and some neon tetras or the like.

Since I work for a fancy, upscale home furnishings company and all our office furniture is that, I can't just plop an ugly 10 gallon in the corner. I was looking at something like a BiOrb, biocube or similar because it has a good look to it, and built in filtration. I can't have a big HOB or tubes running to a canister. I know these types of systems generally aren't praised for their filtration but I am not going to be stocking to the gills (hardy har har). Any suggestions?

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
What size are you looking for?

I have several all in ones, and the filtration is more than adequate if stocked and maintained properly.

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I've been looking at an Aqueon Evolve 8 for my own desk, just because it's aesthetically pleasing, and well suited for light stocking. I'm even thinking about doing a marine set up, maybe a blue neon goby and sexy shrimp or some kind of snail.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
The smaller aqueon's aren't glass, but they're good and the filtration is basically a sump system, with an insert of floss. You can replace that with some type of bio media and be fine. That said I have 4 gallon one with a pile of Akysis and another with a spiketail paradise. Planted, and doing well.

I prefer the Fluval Edge line, since they're glass and a bit more unusual shapes available. Similar filtration.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
I've seen that model setup in several different locations. Very nice, clean look. Better for a public space since the top is covered, so nothing will 'accidentally' find it's way inside. For stocking, I'd go with a herd of sparrow rasboras and cherry shrimp.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
The edge is a very good choice. It does have a good filter from what ive read. The aqueon evolve 8 is also a good choice. With either of those tanks you could manage a school of nano fish and a small gourami or whatever centerpiece fish you choose.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
I am not going to be stocking to the gills (hardy har har). Any suggestions?
:thm:

Evolves and edges are good. The fluval spec is also pretty sweet. Just don't buy a Chi. They short out and evaporate quickly

clawlan

Don't harass the sea turtles!
Dec 29, 2006
Atlanta, GA
thanks for all the responses. Really digging the Edge the most. Will need to pick up a small heater of course. Also need to think about a stand for it...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store