Anyone from WA State that knows a good local fish store for Cichlids?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SonicsDC25

AC Members
Aug 5, 2013
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum and am from Washington State. I'm looking to buy some Dwarf Mbunas for my tank, however I don't know of any local fish stores. I'd like to steer clear from PetSmart or PetCo since I've heard of them having tons of hybrids.

Thanks in advance!

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Forgive me, it's been a while, but isn't Washington a fair sized state? Unless you really are willing to drive 600 miles, you might be better served to provide a smaller geographical area.

Other option would be shipping. There are lots and lots of quality resources that will ship fish. Aquabid might be a good starting point.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
depends what you're looking for..there's a couple that may work, A place for Pets in Burien , midway tropical (in midway) both these have a pretty decent selection..I have heard there has been some changes in a place for pets..
in Lakewood Aquarium Paradise..
if you want to drive down to Portland(they also ship) The WetSpot

SonicsDC25

AC Members
Aug 5, 2013
Yeah I'd LOVE to drop by the one in Portland, I'm trying to find an excuse to drive down there lol. I'll try the one in Lakewood, have yet to give that one a shot. When I go up to the store, should I just ask them if they have any Dwarf Mbuna species or am I better off learning all the Mbuna species?

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Depends. Do you want just any dwarf mbuna, or are specific one(s)?

SonicsDC25

AC Members
Aug 5, 2013
The specific fish I really want is the Cynotilapia Afra White Top Hara Galireya, I'm still new to Cichlids so I'm unsure of what other specific ones I want. Preferably one of the smaller species with very vibrant colors, anyone have a clue of some that fits those descriptions? ^_^

megoto

AC Members
Mar 26, 2009
Fort Lewis, WA
If you go to Aquarium Paradise in Lakewood just talk to the owner he's usually there. If he doesn't have the fish you want he is willing to order it for you for no extra charge. I like the place really good service.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store