tetra AquaArt 60L retro fit

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

megoto

AC Members
Mar 26, 2009
Fort Lewis, WA
Hi all, I recently acquired a AquaArt 60L for free. I was just going through it and that's how I figured out what it was and that I'm going to have to retrofit the light in the hood. The one that is in it is a 220v florescent and my question is, is anyone familiar enough with this tank to give me any ideas of the best way to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

megoto

AC Members
Mar 26, 2009
Fort Lewis, WA
I am really hoping someone could help me. I have never retro'd this kind of light before. I will get a picture of it after work today if that will help.

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Unfamiliar with the setup, but I have retro'd fixtures before pics would help for sure, what kind of lighting are you looking to switch to?

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
So its currently got a 18" T8 setup for euro volts? Could switch it over to LED's, if you're looking to make it 120v and stick with the T8 you could salvage the parts off of an old hood, or maybe find a ballast at home depot. If you were to trim the plastic looks like you could also make 24" t5ho fit.

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
I don't know if they sell single bulb ballasts for t5's, if they do it might fit in there, standard ballast might be close hard to tell the depth of the hood, possible you could have to mount it externally perhaps on the backside of the hood.

This going to be planted tank then? You could do LED's for close to the same price as buying a new t5ho retrofit kit and have less heat trapped in there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store