Newbie in Need to Know!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Maypea

AC Members
Aug 8, 2013
Texas
Hi everybody. I'm joining today because I've found myself stalking these forums frequently when I google all my questions. I don't like taking on new LIFE before knowing all about it but my fiancé had me convinced he knew everything about tanks. I took some convincing...I guess because since I grew up on the ocean I have a special love for water creatures and it kind of depressed me to see them in captivity or cooped up in small tanks as opposed to an entire ocean. So I gave in on freshwater tanks!! I soon realized I was learning more online than what he had answers for so I guess I'm taking the reigns on this now because I take pet deaths personally. I can't sit by and watch when it seems like the health of the tank isn't paid attention to unless a fishy dies. SO we started off with the 55 gallon tank and ultimately set up the 20 gallon tank for the smaller fish so we could get more semi-aggressives for the big tank. Lost 3 neons to what I believe was neon tetra disease (likely brought home from the pet store) and ALL the zebras, kind of one by one...That's when I started realizing I probably needed to take over. I probably also won't ever buy from the big-chain stores again...it was a huge worry filled struggle to get my clown loaches through the Ich battle but they survived and were dubbed the names Icky and Sticky :p

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

Guenol

AC Members
Jul 28, 2013
San Angelo, Texas
Well, seems like you are doing well so far. I lost two clown loaches to ich in February due to not being patient and not doing my research. Never gonna happen again...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store