Can the python go up stairs?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

leshrimp

AC Members
Jul 6, 2013
I really wanted to buy a python to do water changes with ease but I have a few questions. Can the water from my faucet travel up stairs? It needs to travel around 20ft up stairs because my aquariums are above the closest sink. My sink has a relatively high pressure I will try to get the exact amount in a little bit.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Yes, it will push the water up. Be careful draining--the siphon to drain will be quite strong when going down stairs.

leshrimp

AC Members
Jul 6, 2013
Yes, it will push the water up. Be careful draining--the siphon to drain will be quite strong when going down stairs.
Thanks i'll be careful the hose doesn't shoot out fish poo all over my floors :D

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
If I had to guess I would say yes but I don't know for sure. The draining part of a water change would be super fast! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Keep in mind that the plastic fittings are the weak point. Might be slower than filling a container and using a lift pump.

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
I wonder how fast it will siphon into the sink during the draining part

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
That's probably the ideal situation for one of these water changers. It will have no problem pushing tap water up-hill through the hose, and the siphon will pull like a mofo for vacuuming. Like MCChambers suggests, you won't need 'water power' from the tap for the siphon, so you're minimizing water waste.

leshrimp

AC Members
Jul 6, 2013
Thanks everyone! I'm definitely going to get one now.

viboy

Born Sarcastic
Mar 15, 2002
BC, Canada
I had the same set up at my house until I moved to a bigger aquarium. Vacuuming was a breeze. Awesome suction. I even drained it out my front door to my flower gardens. Filling from downstairs works no problem.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store