FW Popeye??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I have seen this in SW, and it is almost always bad water, (not enough WC, ect).

I have never seen this in a FW enviornment. Well, last week one of my Bleeding hearts had bulging eyes. Looked like a Goldfish. Well, before I could do anything (medicate, look-up cause, ect) he dies. :cry:

Today, while getting ready to feed my fishes, I see another Bleeding heart with the same problem (eyes starting to bulge). I added some salt to the tank (about 30 teaspoons), just in case. Does anyone know what causes this??

No new additions for at least a year now. Parameters have not changed too much in over 10years.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Nitrates?

Bulging eyes can be from something other than water quality, but it's always going to be the first thing to test. A bacterial infection, or parasites would be the 2nd thing to check--with no new additions. Quarantine, monitor, and if you don't see improvement, a food based antibiotic

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store