Back At It

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

juancruz05

AC Members
Jul 29, 2013
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Juan
i had retired my 55g for about two years after my last red bellied pacu died. When I set it up for the first time i stocked it with 6 red bellied pacus, 3 pictus catfish, 4 bala sharks and 3 silver tipped sharks. The guy at petsmart said it was totally fine. And it was for the first couple of months. I was 15 at the time and loved my tank, all the fish were growing and then one day i woke up and noticed that one of the silver tipped sharks was missing. over the next few months, one by one my stock was being depleted until only the pacus remained. Over the next two years they would eat the smallest member of the tank until one remained. He lived for a total of 5 years.

So here i am again, the tank has fully cycled and i have added some fish already (5 phantom tetras and 4 lampeye tetras). I want to keep fish that will stay under 6 inches full grown. Any ideas on what else i can keep?

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store