Stealth Heater Recall - Best Replacement?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AHGoodwin

Registered Member
Aug 12, 2013
I have just last weekend set up a tank after being out of the hobby for a couple years. I just now read about the stealth heater recall in 2011. I remember when I was into fish before that everyone was raving about these heaters, and so I bought them for my tanks as well and like everyone else, LOVED THEM. Now knowing about the possible problems I am obviously looking for a new go-to heater. What is the current popular heater on the market? I really do not like glass heaters. I like inline heaters, but I am not going to use a canister and inline on my current tank which is only a 10 gallon as that is all I have room for at the moment. So, suggestions on a good replacement for my stealth?

Thanks!

AHGoodwin

Registered Member
Aug 12, 2013
Thanks, I will look into those. I have a hydor inline, but it is rated for 50-75 gallons so way overkill for my 10. Not to mention it is hooked up to a fluval 305 which is also way overkill. I have never used any Eheim products but I have heard good things about them, so I will definatly look into it.

thacarter546

AC Members
Apr 9, 2012
Via Aqua Titanium. I replaced my stealth pro with this thing in 2011 and have never had a single problem. beats replacing a glass heater every 6 months. They have a separate temp sender controller and element and are darn reliable.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store