Dry ferts dosing

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kenshinH

AC Members
May 30, 2013
inside a cave
Hi guys i have a question about dry ferts dosing regimens, ive been following the EI method (60-80gals) 3 x week dosing for i think a month now, im not sure if i am doing the right regimen (3x week) or i am dosing too much ferts. what do you think?

I have a 75gal heavily planted tank
Plants:
java fern
swords
melon swords
annubias
green cabomba
ludwigia
wisteria
willow leaf hygro
couple of dying amazon frogbit LOL...

Lighting
Odyssea T5 HO dual 54w each

Dosing Excel everyday

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Hard to say either way...the EI method isn't set in stone. Are the plants doing well? Any signs of algae? If it aint broke, don't fix it.

I will say that eventually Excel at full dosage will get a bit pricey for a tank that size. Have you looked into pressurized? Not cheap upfront, but everyone says its worth it in the end.

kenshinH

AC Members
May 30, 2013
inside a cave
Hard to say either way...the EI method isn't set in stone. Are the plants doing well? Any signs of algae? If it aint broke, don't fix it.

I will say that eventually Excel at full dosage will get a bit pricey for a tank that size. Have you looked into pressurized? Not cheap upfront, but everyone says its worth it in the end.
theres a little bit of algae

A 500ml of excel last me 2 months, i m searching at craigslist for a used C02 system but no luck, is their a complete C02 system for $150 -$200 range??

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
I always buy Excel by the 2 liter, myself. Much more economical in the long run.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
do you dose everyday?
Yes, I try to make it a point to dose daily, but a missed day here and there will not have a negative impact on the overall health of the plants.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store