C02 system

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Do you mean pressurized or DIY? The former is probably going to break your budget, but it isn't an "ERMAGERD I NEED IT RIGHT NOW!" scenario, so you could save up for it. DIY is cheaper, but more labor intensive, and more likely to have varying production, increasing the risk for algae, and is a lot of work for a 75.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
When you say "build your own", do you mean DIY or buy the system seperately instead of as one unit??

kenshinH

AC Members
May 30, 2013
inside a cave
I mean pressurized C02 and buying the system separately, i found an old thread from a different forum about buying the pressurized system separately

Cut-paste:
Milwaukee CO2 Regulator-needle valve, solenoid valve, bubble counter $75.97
5 lbs co2 canister with brass valve $53.99
Boyu co2 diffusor $19.99

Authmal: i dont think i really need C02 my plants thrive on excel and dry ferts i am just little bit frustrated trying to grow amazon frogbit, i dont know if the excel is causing it to melt or maybe i am doing something wrong, thats the reason im looking at a pressurized C02 system, i buy $30 worth of frogbit i recieved it healthy with green leaves with long roots after a few weeks somehow they loose thier roots and the some of the leaves turns brown.....hmmmmm

tanker

Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I have never grown frogbit, so cannot provide much help there. Maybe the Excel is melting it.

CO2, lights and ferts (to me) all go hand-in-hand. My 2 tanks have pressurized CO2 and I will never go back (but that is just me). I have tried low light and low ferts. DIY CO2, liquid ferts (Excel), all was not what I expected. I like my jungle!!

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
If you think Excel is melting your new plant, go to a lower dosage, say a quarter, to start, and see if it tolerates that. If it does, then I'd ramp back up by a quarter dose or so every couple weeks to give it a chance to acclimate. Roy, I think, said something along those lines, and it seems reasonable.

kenshinH

AC Members
May 30, 2013
inside a cave
If you think Excel is melting your new plant, go to a lower dosage, say a quarter, to start, and see if it tolerates that. If it does, then I'd ramp back up by a quarter dose or so every couple weeks to give it a chance to acclimate. Roy, I think, said something along those lines, and it seems reasonable.

Ill lower the dosage, right now i am doing 1 tsp(5ml a day) question if i lower the dosage will it affect my other plants?

tanker

Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
if i lower the dosage will it affect my other plants?
Like how?? What kind of other plants?? What kind of lights do you have??

kenshinH

AC Members
May 30, 2013
inside a cave
Like how?? What kind of other plants?? What kind of lights do you have??
I am dosing dry ferts, and dosing the excel less than the recommended, if i lower it will it affect my other plants?: Anubias, java fern, swords, willow leaf hygro, ludwigia, cabomba and wisteria
My light is an odyssea dual T5 HO 54watts each

tanker

Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
if i lower it will it affect my other plants?: Anubias, java fern, swords, willow leaf hygro, ludwigia, cabomba and wisteria

You can lower it W/O any effects. On any additive, it is the increased amount that is a problem.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store