Rescaped the spec

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

axelrod12

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Real Name
Greg
I just did a rescape on the my desktop fluval spec CRS tank. I love feedback/criticism/suggestions. I had two thoughts about future tweaks. Something about the wood bothers me, so I may tie some moss to it, I just don't want it to spread too crazy and overshadow the other plants or the moss wall. Second, the front right looked empty to me, so I added some Pogostemon erectus trimmings there. Not so sure I like the way they look there though. I may try to find a small low lying crypt to replace them.

Before:
image.jpeg

After:
rescape (2).JPG
Pogostemon erectus added:
scape2.JPG

Current plants:
Java moss wall
Micranthemum micranthemoides
Myriophyllum mattogrossense
Pogostemon erectus
Anubias nana petite

Hoping they all do well under the stock light with some excel.

image.jpeg rescape (2).JPG scape2.JPG

axelrod12

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Real Name
Greg
Added some taiwan moss to the wood and trimmed the pogostemon erectus a touch. Still not a big fan of the pogostemon, I may try some Blyxa there once my next plant order comes in.
mossed.jpg

mossed.jpg

axelrod12

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Real Name
Greg
I removed the Pogostemon Erectus in favor of some S. Repens. Also replaced the Anubias nana 'petite' with some Elatine Triandra. That is likely temporary, I'm going to give the Anubias some time floating in the co2 injected tank to put out some more leaves. Growth has been very, very slow.

spec3.JPG

spec3.JPG

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Anubias are slow growing so don't get you hopes up too high! They should do well and notice of growth requires a very critical eye. I like the moss and would be careful of using excel on it. Has been known to kill some mosses. YMMV. Good looking tank!

axelrod12

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Real Name
Greg
Anubias are slow growing so don't get you hopes up too high! They should do well and notice of growth requires a very critical eye. I like the moss and would be careful of using excel on it. Has been known to kill some mosses. YMMV. Good looking tank!
Thanks Jeff. I've seen a few new leaves pop up on the anubias. I know it grows slow but I figured the co2 would encourage it to grow at least a touch faster. I've had some luck with excel and moss in the past, I've also melted some with excel. I tend to under dose just to be safe.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store